Sunday 16 January 2011

go your own way

This weekend my horoscope said "mind your own business"! A simple but stark message... it seems that I have been poking my nose into the affairs of others, and it is doing neither me nor them any good. I don't agree with what they are saying and doing, and they don't understand or care about what I am saying and doing. A previous horoscope said "go your own way" and it is the same message, essentially.

I see people all around me stuck in the meme of the old paradigm. They are worrying about money, about their possessions, having problems with complex technology, they never seem to have enough time to do everything they "need" to do. They are concerned about the "recession", austerity cuts, climate change. They are pointing fingers at others - it is the governments fault, it is the bankers' fault - somebody else is to blame. I have been there myself - I spent a long time getting angry, upset, and depressed, watching our "civilisation" being taken apart by greedy incompetents, and even worse, watching our planet suffer terrible abuses by our hands. I came to hate mankind and everything we have come to be. I blamed our leaders for leading us into hell. I blamed the sleepwalking masses who follow them for staying asleep. I ranted at my friends and family "wake up wake up".

Then I realised: I am not responsible for them. I am not responsible for their actions. Just as they are not responsible for me. There should be no pointing of fingers, no blame. Each one of us is responsible for our own actions. We can change only ourselves. We have (or should have) no control over others. We are responsible only for ourselves. We can change ourselves, and we have to change ourselves. Nobody else can change us against our will. Change comes from within. And when we change ourselves in a positive direction, the world then changes with us, because we become a positive influence on others.

And so I have to go my own way. I have to change myself, and I am working on so doing. I can give my opinions to others, but I should not be concerned about whether or not they understand me or pay attention. That is their business. My business is to align myself with the rising energies of the new paradigm, and to detach myself from the falling energies of the old paradigm. The old fear-based controlling ways, that spawned our blame culture, are heading into an abyss. Everyone who remains attached to the old paradigm will be dragged down with it. The sooner we set ourselves free from it the better for each of us. There is nothing to be gained there, only further loss. And the chains that bind us to the old ways are an illusion - in reality there is nothing stopping us from walking away, other than our old fixed attitudes and habits.

Meanwhile the new paradigm of light and love offers unprecedented hope, comfort, and joy. What is there to dislike about love, caring, and sharing?

And so, for now, I am going to mind my own business! I am going to go my own way. I am focusing on self transformation, on transitioning from the old paradigm to the new. We have to get there individually, because we are surrounded by discord, argument, and strife, which will only bring us down or hold us back if we get involved in it. I am setting an example. You may follow as you please, or do your own thing!

For now we must focus on ourselves. But, once the new paradigm is in the ascendency, our hands will be joined in harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment